Thank you Runners and Walkers
On Sunday, August 18, Vibha Milwaukee witnessed its BIGGEST DreamMile 10K/5K Run and 5K Walk. We had over 350 registrations and raised an estimate of $14000 (pending verification), and it took less than 50 minutes from the onsite registration open time to getting completely SOLD OUT!
Our volunteer team arrived at the site at 3am and with a light from a few flashlights, started setting up the tents.Next thing we knew, it was 7:00am and all you good looking people were there to run/walk and volunteer. I know there were a few glitches, especially with the race results and some confusion on the route because of lack of signs, something we have duly noted and plan to improve on for next year’s run.
For now rest, recoup and enjoy the feeling of having supported a great cause. Hope you enjoyed the run, walk and the after party.
Thank you for your support!
The Dream Mile Team
A few miles for a million dreams
5K Run/Walk | 10K Run
The Dream Mile ... a few miles for a million dreams is Vibha's flagship fundraiser.
Started in 1998 by the Altanta action center, Dream Mile has raised over $800,000 in revenue and supported over 50,000 children. In 2011, Dream Mile was recognized as "an endurance charity run" by active.com. Click here to read more.
Over the past 4 years, we have seen nearly 600 participants and raised over $35,000 in revenue through registrations, donations, sponsorships and fundraising. Last year alone, we had over 25 registrations, biggest ever for Milwaukee DreamMile.
We would like to invite you again to contribute to the cause by registering for the run/walk, making a donation to Vibha, fundraising or simply sharing the cause with family and friends. We at Vibha, thank you for your support for the past 11 years
- Professionally Timed
- Free T-shirts for all registrants (limited quantity)
- Practice runs for 10K/5K run (with the Milwaukee Running Group)
- Ample parking near the parking shed, Lincoln Memorial Dr and E Lagoon Dr.
- Refreshments for all registrants - Water, Gatorade, Bagles, Fresh Fruits
- Free race pictures: Only if you are spotted and smile at the camera :)
- DJ Music
- Kids fun run
- Face Painting for Kids
- Henna Tattoo and Nail Painting
|Date||Sunday, August 18th 2013|
|Time||Registration starts at 7:00 am
10K Run at 8:00am
5K Run/Walk at 8:15am
|Venue||Veteran's Park, 1300 North Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53202|
|Registration Fees||5K early bird - $22 until July 31st, $25 thereafter
10K early bird: $32 until July 31st, $35 thereafter
FREE for Children under 8
1. In order to be timed, you need to be registered before 8.00 am.
2. Your numbered bib should be pinned to your T-shirt on the front, while arriving at the finish line.
3. Individual timings and ranks will be done by a professional timing company and will be final.
MAP TO VETERANS PARK
The Carnival post-run is a fun-filled event that lasts until noon. Bring your kids along to enjoy a wide variety of games and activities - Kids' Race, DJ Music, Chair Massages, Face painting and Henna.
Free parking is available at Veterans Park.
Like us on Facebook