Door Step School
The mission of the Door Step School(DSS) is to use innovative programs to bring education to the poor children in urban areas.
DSS conducts classes close to where they live or work. It identifies communities, like migrant workers' children, street children, fishermens' children etc, and tries to establish Non Formal Education classes for them.
The Dream Mile is our flagship event for fundraising as well as increasing awareness about the plight of less fortunate children. Since its inauguration in 1998, it has grown from a small event attended by mostly Vibha supporters to a permanent fixture on the calendars of serious runners in these cities.
We request your support for the 10th Annual Dream Mile 5K/10K Run/Walk being organized by Vibha on August, 10th, 2013 at the State Capitol Grounds, St. Paul. Proceeds of this event will benefit child development projects for underprivileged children in India, as well as our partner Children's Heartlink's projects. The twin-cities area event is expected to include several hundred participants and their family members.
Some of our past sponsors include Thomson Reuters, TCF Bank, Hartford Insurance, Delta and a host of other companies. We invite you to help us again to make this event a grand success.
Here are the ways you can champion our cause:
- Monetary Sponsor: Donate money and help Vibha meet Walk-related expenses
- Material Donor: Provide food & refreshments for walkers, provide professional services like printing and mailing etc.
- Checkpoint sponsor: Set up and staff checkpoints along the trail and provide refreshments to walkers.
- Media Partner: Help generate awareness about the event through print media, radio, television, internet and banner advertisements.
- Advertiser: Advertise your product through information booths and banners at the venue, or through an event souvenir
- Prize/Give-away sponsor Provide prizes or gift certificates to Event winners
In return, you have many opportunities to promote your brand with us:
- Logos on our posters, fliers, walk booklet, website, and media advertisements.
- Your Company Banner and fliers or publicity material at the event.
- For donations over $500 we are offering our sponsors booths at our events or have their logos on the souvenirs we provide to participants.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to working closely with you to strengthen the cause of underprivileged children. If we can dream a little, then we can do a little. Every step you take will help many needy children. We hope to see you at the Vibha 5K/10K Run/Walk!